~Transcription 6 - Sir Henry Courtney Texturing~

Hmmm, well upon starting to texture Hal It became evident to me that my texturing skills are still some what lacking with regard to characters. My textures and the details in them lack a certain depth and they simply aren't interesting or very pleasent to look at. Also my UV layouts still need a lot of work. They aren't clean or neat enough, and it is evident in my textures where there are some weird anomalies going on where the layout was just completely incorrect. However, I am glad I have realised my mistake, and I will be trying to rectify that from here on out. Over the Summer I really need to study hard the laying out of Character UVs in a more professional way, and I need to really get better at producing solid, interesting textures in Photoshop.

Here are a couple of renders of my texturing on my character so far. I would be lieing if I said I was entirely happy with how it is looking so far, because I'm not. My lack of Photoshop painting skills are beginning to show right now, and It's hard for me to accept :P

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a video game artist at Dovetail games, working on Train Simulator 2014, 2015 and an unannounced title. I also graduated from the CG Arts course at UCA in 2010 with a First Class. www.jonstewart.co.uk