~Arrrrg!~

This is a post to vent some anger out.. I just found out we have a Transcription crit next week on Tuesday. How am I going to even manage to produce anything for that. ¬_¬
I have nearly finished my 5 week project, and then I have to work on my 2,500 word essay. So a mid project crit is the least of my worries right now.

Though granted, I can only blame myself for not working too much on the Transcription yet. Though I prefer to work on one thing at a time, and the Models and Metaphors project and the Virtual Environments too have really distracted me from the Transcription.

So now before Tuesday I have to finish a project, do a 2,500 word essay that counts to 25% of my next projects grade, and produce enough work for a mid project crit. Damn...

4 comments:

tutorphil said...

at risk of sounding like an unhelpful smart-arse - "welcome to the real world'. It is normal - indeed, inevitable, that 'out there' you'll be expected to keep any number of plates spinning at the same time; indeed, one of the principle challenges of year 2 is precisely that; multi-tasking, project-management and joined-up thinking; you are not an a single-celled organism, Jonny - you can work on more than one thing at a time - and you must; panic is your enemy, now - and prioritising your friend; do more of the latter, and less of the former; everyone else is in precisely the same situation as you, after all...

Jon Stewart said...

Yeah, this is what I am doing. I am focusing on my 5 week project and my essay currently.

tutorphil said...

good lad!

JAG said...

lol :P
Dont worry young man your not alone practicly everyone else on the course feels the same way to the best of my knowledge apart form 1 super individual that is :P

About Me

My photo
I am a video game artist at Dovetail games, working on Train Simulator 2014, 2015 and an unannounced title. I also graduated from the CG Arts course at UCA in 2010 with a First Class. www.jonstewart.co.uk