Face Render - Sub Surface Scattering

I used the Sub Surface to simulate the 'redness' you get when light shines through skin. I'm getting much better with Fast Skin shader now, it's very exciting. I can see some cool potential. Like using a map on the Sub Surface channel that makes it not shine through on certain parts, this means you can simulate a vein or something in the ear for that extra effect. I'm not going to do that on this project because you won't see it from the distance it is at. But it's worth knowing. I had to spend some time working on fast skin, I wasn't all that familiar with it, I think I'm getting better now, so that's good!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a video game artist at Dovetail games, working on Train Simulator 2014, 2015 and an unannounced title. I also graduated from the CG Arts course at UCA in 2010 with a First Class. www.jonstewart.co.uk